Monday 7 September 2009

...then they woke up and it was all a dream.

today was brilliant. possibly one of the best mondays i've had in a long time. i was invited up to my old university campus (the UCA in Rochester) to meet with the course leader of the Fashion Journalism and Theory MA. i brought my portfolio, like an eager foundation art student, to an "informal discussion" where i bared my soul, hopes and dreams to the lovely man in the adidas t-shirt and jeans.

he liked my work.

for the first time in two years someone had looked at my work through the eyes of a tutor and had liked it. that was the ultimate satisfaction for me today. if nothing else had worked out well then i would have be completely high on that for the rest of the day. but then he went and offered me a place on the MA.

i felt like i might explode with happiness at that point.

i'd only gone up to talk about it and see what i could possibly do next with my life. i had never really expected to be offered a place there and then. now i have to make some grown up decisions. and only a couple of days to do it in.

i have no money but yet must find a new home and find some way of paying for my academic dreams. if anyone has any ideas let me know.

with thoughts of money pummeling my poor brain, i decided to go researching about things that have no real use to me in the grand scheme of things but things that interest me very much so none the less in the hope of distracting myself for a good hour.

nostradamus.

i have spent the last hour analysing the finer points of his prophecies that came true and those that are still yet to come true. the part about armageddon scared the bejesus out of me and now i have these little visions going over and over in my head. i'm predicting that i will be mostly having dreams of the bad kind tonight. i hope not but i'm pretty sure of it.

sweet dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment