Monday 21 September 2009

dawson & joey.

so i've done it. i'm back at uni once more for round three of furthering my career prospects through education. i enrolled this morning and have had to endure an agonising wait for 2pm when i will meet with my new tutors who will hopefully show me the pathway to fashion enlightenment. to fill my time i have been on facebook playing such delights as farmville, myfarm and yoville. the novelty does wear off though when you realise you actually have to wait for your virtual crops to grow before you can harvest them or you can't visit your mates (yoville) twice in one day as this will be deemed as being too "needy" by the game.

phew! it's even more complicated than real life.

coming back to rochester has only actually hit home today. there are so many fresh, excited faces running through the corridors and to the student union bar. i got exhausted just looking at them and their mere presence made me question my decision to do this. living the life of what the general public perceive to be the typical student (i.e . lazy, bed-hopping party animal) has never really appealed to me. i don't think anything would make me go back to those fresher days. i'm an old fart. there... i've said it. hope i meet more of my kind this afternoon.

going back in time slightly.... to the weekend... i went out for katy's birthday on friday night. which was very fun and threw up some lovely surprises. bumped into a very dear old friend of mine in the pub who i hadn't seen in about three years. he is dawson to my joey but without a lot of the will they won't they drama. this made me very happy for the rest of the weekend and i still can't stop smiling now when i think about the chance meeting.

spent the rest of my weekend teaching myself how to crochet. it is now my favourite pastime. currently, i'm attempting to make a bag... not sure how successful it is at the moment but i'm sure a photo or two later on this week will help you consider your verdict.

now i must eat. it's a packed lunch consisting of a ham salad sandwich and taxi chocolate bar. yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment