Tuesday 19 January 2010

dutch courage.

i'm very excited at the moment... in a week's time i will be in amsterdam on a much anticipated trip with my fellow MA students. we have a full to the brim itinerary of fashion lectures and we will also be attending amsterdam international fashion week in the evenings which i am most excited about. i should be worrying about essentials like budgeting and preparing for the weather and so on and so forth... but instead my worries consist of a) how much luggage can i take and b) what the hell am i going to wear to fashion week?!

i'm the kind of girl who is in the perpetual state of having tonnes of clothes but never having anything to wear (despite having some really ace pieces if i do say so myself). i think the next few days need to be spent sifting through my wardrobe and much planning of outfits need to be done. i know it seems very lame of me, and i normally wouldn't care that much, but i always get super paranoid in the presence of a throng of effortlessly fashionable people. but also... comfort is a massive factor with me. i have never been one to sacrifice my comfort and the thought of being uncomfortable in the inevitable fashionable bundles and bottle-necks that are likely to occur at such events is enough to make me stay in wearing pjs and uggs in protest.

so the ultimate goal over the next few days is to curate a effortlessly fashionable yet comfortable wardrobe. i think i may need some opinions...

No comments:

Post a Comment